I managed to keep him occupied in my lap for the last few minutes of my primping (who knew Bare Minerals containers could be so entertaining?) until I sat him on the bed to grab some clothes and get dressed quickly. When I came back into the bedroom and saw him on the bed, he had stopped fussing and very intently said "Mum-uh" as he reached his arms for me. I might have cried had I not been completely in shock, so I asked him "Hayes, what did you say?" while neglecting to pick him up, to which he responded "Mum-uh" and reached for me again with a smile on his face!
Cody didn't have such a long story for his experience (naturally), but he said Hayes also did a similar thing later in the day and reach for him saying "Dada". Pappaw can confirm this, so we know that it's legit. :) We were also told by Miss Rachel, one of Hayes' teachers at Calvary, that yesterday when asked if he would like more Puffs, he reached his hands out, opened and closed them and said "mo-mo". Both teachers joked that he will probably be talking before he is walking, which probably doesn't surprise anyone that knows his mama, or most of the members of his family for that matter. Haha.We can't believe how quickly the words are flowing now and it is SO much fun to watch our little man's brain work. Before we know it, he'll be telling stories that rival Aunt Kirby's!
Putting on makeup with my little buddy right before his big performance
It has been a productive week for this monkey!
No comments:
Post a Comment