We were super excited that Carrie wanted to leave fabulous Dallas to visit the booming metropolis of Harlingen, and we had the best weekend with her during her visit. Carrie arrived Friday afternoon and received a top-notch tour of Calvary's infant room as we picked up the Prince and headed home to prepare our tummies for the obligatory dinner of Pepe's nachos and "real" Mexican food. We had sooo much to catch up on, but even having been away from each other for months we never seemed to skip a beat. I don't think there was much silence, but I wouldn't have it any other way (I wonder if Cody agrees?). Saturday morning we headed to the Island for a brunch at one of our favorite places and spent a few hours relaxing on the beach. We returned home to watch the Aggies play and just lounge around until Carrie left for Dallas on Sunday. The trip was good for the soul and I'm so thankful for the ability to continue making memories after ten years of friendship. You're the best, Auntie Roo!
There's nothing quite as relaxing as a good beach nap (even if it's short-lived!)
It's happening... We have a little beach bum on our hands!
This is the kind of yumminess you get at the Palm for brunch...
Hayes and Auntie Roo selfie!
No comments:
Post a Comment