Last weekend, Hayes and I ventured to the city to celebrate one of our favorite people's birth, none other than Auntay Kay, aka Aunt Nanny. Hayes was pretty excited to don his "Ladies, I have arrived" onesie to announce his arrival on Friday night, and I couldn't have been happier to be "home" with my fam. We had a fabulous weekend filled with brunch at Max's Wine Dive (how can you not indulge when PB&J french toast and mimosas are on the menu?) and the obligatory trip to shop at La Cantera. Hayes endured the shopping excursion like a champ, and didn't get antsy until a few hours in when he decided that he'd rather not wear his fashionable shoes anymore. He promptly removed them from his feet and put them in his mouth. I suppose that's what he has to say about fashion, but I'm pretty thrilled with the fact that my son is well-behaved enough that I was treated with an entire afternoon of much-needed shopping. I always love times with family, but this particular weekend could not have come at a better time. Cody stayed back to dove hunt for a friend's bachelor party, and the only thing that could have made it better would have been if he were with us. There's just something about family time, retail therapy and a good brunch that makes everything right in the world, and for this I am incredibly thankful. Even though it was a few days late, we did our best to give one of our fave people in the world a grand 'ol birthday celebration. Love ya, mean it, Aunt Nanny!

The onesie says it all!
Sister and I were pretty excited about this brunch experience. As if our carb-filled brunch entrees weren't enough, the kind British waiter brought us this half-baked cookie treat for Kirby's birthday, which was absolutely divine. Our sweet tooth (teeth?) was (were?) in heaven!
Family photo op- Hayes clearly knows the drill when it comes to picture taking.
Practicing our gig 'em with Pops before brunch. It's a tailgate party, after all.
Shopping is fun!!! I wonder if he'll still be this excited next year...
Couldn't resist this sweetness at brunch.
When I mentioned the taking off of the shoe and gnawing on it, I wasn't kidding. Here's the photographic proof of my son's distaste with baby couture footwear and the general shopping experience.
And one more just because he's cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment