Well, I'm going to totally take the easy way out with this post. Don't judge, peeps. The month of August was a bit of a blur due to my hectic work schedule, but we still managed to work in a few adventures. Between our ever faithful beach visits and getting together with family, we all managed to keep our sanity despite the whirlwind that the last few weeks have been. We started with a visit from Mom and Dad and capped the month off with a great Labor Day weekend visit from Katie and the girls, where we had the pleasure of meeting our sweet niece, Lila, for the first time. I know I didn't take nearly enough pictures during these experiences, but I want to remember them nonetheless, and am thankful to have a few snapshots to commemorate the grand finale of Hayes Man's first summer!
MiMi and Pappaw bought Hayes Man his very own swing to kick off the month of August. He loves the great outdoors and swinging has definitely become a nightly activity for us!
Sitting up on his own for the first time!
Sitting so big in the high chair while out to dinner at Port Mansfield
MiMi and Hayes on the dock at Port Mansfield
I have to say, one of my favorite experiences of the summer (and quite possibly ever) was our visit to Port Mansfield. We ate dinner at a fantastic restaurant with a few members of the Johnson clan, and wrapped up the evening becoming one with nature while feeding wild deer. I must admit that any desire I had to shoot a deer has diminished with my becoming a mother (much to my husband's dismay), and after being so close to these beautiful creatures-- I mean we even touched their antlers, people-- I really could not even fathom wanting to hurt one! OK, emotional moment is over. I will, however, show great support when my son decides to shoot his first deer a few years down the road, as I know this experience will be a HUGE milestone for him and his daddy and I choose not to fight, but rather embrace, the inevitable. :)
Oh you know, just Dad, me and the deer
Feeding the monster
The couple that feeds deer together, stays together
We were so excited to see a few of our closest friends from college at the Island that same weekend. Hayes definitely enjoyed all the attention from the pretty ladies... what can I say? The kid's got game.
This monkey LOVES the beach!
Playing catch with Pops before bed
Just a swingin' with GG & Pops
Hayes also experienced his first round of golf this month. He was an absolute champ! We knew he would be with his great affinity for the outdoors, but he truly behaved better on the golf course than I could have ever imagined. He rode in mama's lap so well and even took a little nap around hole #4 or 5. This boy is a man's man!
And now for some of my favorite August moments...
Riding in the big boy stroller... slow down time!!
Hayes and Cody joined Katie and the girls for a quick trip to the zoo. Hayes loves his cousins!
Hayes and Cody joined Katie and the girls for a quick trip to the zoo. Hayes loves his cousins!
Katie and the girls came down for Labor Day weekend, and though I really slacked in the picture taking department, I couldn't resist this precious photo op of our sweet little princess Lila. Nothing like a sleepy baby's snuggles!
Addie came with the girls to get a pedicure. She was too cute and loved her "sparkly toes"!
Sunday pool parties are the best!



























Love this!!!
ReplyDelete