Monday, March 4, 2013

Sugar, Spice & Everything Nice

Over the weekend, I was excited to help host a baby shower for my sweet friends, Blaire and Amanda. Both of them are expecting little girls this spring and I of course could not wait to help shower their little princesses with lots of gifts and love. Our Bible study group threw a fantastic celebration, and I was lucky enough to head up the decoration department. I had so much fun collecting items to go along with the "spring" theme, and I loved the way that everything looked when it was all put together. It was a wonderful day of spending time with the girls and celebrating two little miracles that will make their grand entrance into the world in just a few weeks. Can't wait to see them all decked out in the goodies that they received!

Instead of a guest book, we had all of the guests write a wish for the baby girls and place them in a decorated mason jar. The mommies were able to take the jars and will share them with the girls as a keepsake.

The entry table

Butterfly and tulip decorated sugar cookies made a great party favor, along with the cute "Sweet Baby Girl" tags that I found on Pinterest (naturally). And yes, the pun was intended!

The Gift table and fancy table cloth, also compliments of Pinterest.

One of the girls from our Bible Study group, Angela, is an amazing cake decorator. She truly outdid herself on this one and it tasted as incredible as it looks!

The appetizer spread

Drink station

We played several fun games, including a competition to see who could undress and change the diaper of a Cabbage Patch doll the fastest while listening to the sound of a crying baby. This is me in action, though I am sad to say my diaper changing skills definitely have room for improvement. :)

Another shot of the cake table

The guests of honor, Amanda and Blaire

The mommies and me

Blaire showing off one of the many fabulous outfits that Hannah received. 

We can't wait to meet Hannah and Madelyn very soon, and are thankful for these friendships that we have made through the Young Married's group at our church!

No comments:

Post a Comment