Friday, March 29, 2013

A Very Successful Surprise

For those of you who know me well, you know that I am not the world's best at keeping my lips zipped about special surprises or celebrations. Basically, when it's something that I get excited about, I just want the whole world to share my excitement, often leading me to let the cat out of the bag on things such as birthday presents, Christmas presents, parties, accomplishments, etc. May I just assure you that I am fantastic at keeping important, confidential things to myself, so as not to worry any of my friends or loved ones that trust me with their personal secrets. But there's just something about birthdays and gifts that gets me every time.

I begin with this explanation so that you'll understand what a tremendous accomplishment it was that I was able to plan a surprise party for Cody to celebrate his 26th birthday. His official birthday is not until April 1st, but being the firm believer that I am in dragging birthdays out for as long as possible, I decided Cody deserved to wear the birthday crown for a few extra days. We had planned to go to the Eli Young Band concert, and I happened to convince the hubs that we should take full advantage of a date night and eat at Texas Roadhouse before the show. Little did he know that I had gotten our friends together to help us celebrate his big 2-6 with a birthday dinner at one of his very favorite restaurants. I felt so much joy seeing the look on his face and how happy he was to have his friends there to celebrate him, and he kept telling me that he was just so happy and had never dreamed of having a surprise party. He was also quite impressed that I was able to plan all of this without making a peep to him about it, as were my parents, sister and best friend, Carrie. :) I am so thankful that God brought Cody into this world 26 years ago and even more grateful that he became my Prince Charming!

Happy birthday to my hubby!!

Cody was a good sport and rode the saddle, per Texas Roadhouse birthday guidelines.

Most of the crew at dinner, just missing Will and Blaire. Blaire did a fantastic job getting everyone seated in time for our arrival, for which I am so thankful!

Our sweet friends Amanda and Quincy got to come out for the first time since their little girl was born, and we loved hanging out with them! Doesn't she just look amazing? 

I think it's safe to say that this was one memorable, and successful birthday celebration. Now onto Easter!




No comments:

Post a Comment