Monday, February 18, 2013

Meeting Mr. Brooks

As usual, Cody and I had an eventful Valentine's week full of lots of work and not so much play. We have gotten pretty used to being apart for the day of love thanks to Bayer's yearly meeting in Austin at this time every year, so I was excited to meet Cody in San Antonio to spend some time with him and my family once the weekend rolled around. We did the usual eating too much, shopping a little, playing games and relaxing and it was absolutely wonderful. I just hate that the visits seem to go by more and more quickly every time we go. This time it was especially sad since we won't be back to SA until the end of June, but I'm sure that will be here before we know it.

To begin the photo montage for this post, I must share a picture of the cutest niece in all the land sporting her Valentine's Day onesie that Aunt Britt made for her. She's just a doll and I want everyone to know it.



While in SA, we also happened to be lucky enough to meet my good friend Morgan's sweet little bundle, Brooks, who is just over a week old. Morgan and I have been friends since  our Churchill cheerleading days, and it was wonderful to see her in all her mommy glory. She and her husband Nathan are already fantastic parents, and their little man was so handsome and such a good baby. When we got to the house, the dog barked and Brooks just slept peacefully without a peep. Talk about one chill dude! Morgan said that he prefers a little noise when he's asleep, and will often get upset if it's totally silent in the room. We had a blast visiting with Morgan and Nathan and meeting their sweet angel. It's still so hard to believe that we are old enough to be parents- seems like just yesterday Morgan and I were competing at Disney World for cheer nationals!

Brooks Richard Tondre

Morgan, Brooks and me. Love this sweet family!




No comments:

Post a Comment