Sunday, January 8, 2012

There's no place like home for the holidays

It's hard to believe that once again, Christmas has come and gone. I know I tend to think that each year it passes at the speed of light, but I really think this year deserves some sort of trophy or Olympic record. As usual, the holidays were jam-packed with lots of driving, family and fun. We started the "tour of Texas" in San Antonio, where we celebrated Christmas and my birthday with my parents and Kirby. Rio was pretty excited to have a big grass backyard to play in for his Christmas present, and has made it very clear that he prefers the lush feel of the green stuff over our gravel backyard. Cody and I think that makes it even more exciting for him to get to visit his "grandparents" in SA and Harlingen, so we'll just let him enjoy those occasional grassy getaways when he can.

Since this was our year to spend Christmas with the Johnson clan, I was very excited to get to stop on the way for a couple of days with my fam. We of course did some shopping (yes, we have a sickness...but when Anthropologie has a 50% off sale two days before Christmas, who doesn't go?), saw Sherlock Holmes, and just enjoyed each other's company. I think I adjusted well to the slight change in my usual holiday routine this year, though I did miss seeing all of my extended family in Comanche and San Angelo. That just means it will be even more fun next year!

Here are a few pics from our San Antonio celebration...

 The traditional Christmas sister picture

 So happy to celebrate our second Christmas as an old married couple!

 Little man wasn't feeling as photogenic this trip, but I took advantage of the opportunity nonetheless.

 "No pictures please" says Rio. "More pictures, yeah!" says Kirby.

 The best parents in all the land. Boy am I one lucky gal!

 These two are really good at acting like they love each other... :)

 Stocking time! Rio wasn't all that interested, but at least he sat with us.

 We sure had you fooled with our good behavior. That's more like it!

 Dad and his girls

 Yep, that's right. Another birthday celebration. We're getting closer to the big day...

One step closer to my quarter life crisis!

Stay tuned for even more Christmas fun and excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment