Saturday, January 28, 2012

Rio's First Duck Hunt

Over Christmas break this year Britt, Rio, and I got to go down to Harlingen which in turns means I got to do a little hunting.  I was lucky enough to go duck hunting with Ryan and Chip Falls, along with Jake Morton and his son Carson.  We had a great time riding on the air boat and shooting lots of ducks.  This was Rio's first time to ever be in water where he had to swim, his first time to retrieve a wounded bird, and first time to be around a bunch of people shooting over water.  All in all it was a great trip and I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I did taking them.

 Long retrieve sequence


 Rio not too sure why the duck keeps biting his face.





 The crew after a great hunt

 Hunting at the base of the high hill
 Rio and one proud owner




The hunting party on Ryan's airboat in the decoy spread

1 comment: