Sunday, January 8, 2012

50 and counting...

As long as I've been around and gotten to know Cody's family, it might come as a surprise that this year marked my very first Johnson Christmas. And let me tell you, this bunch sure doesn't mess around. Cody's parents hosted this year's festivities, and all 50 of us celebrated the opportunity to be together at the most wonderful time of the year. It's hard to believe that this amount of people could fit comfortably in any space, but Tami did a fantastic job of arranging things and hostessing. There was a bouncy house for the ever increasing group of little ones, a tent outside complete with a hula hoop chandelier (thank you Pinterest!), and way too many yummy things to eat. Ironically, I was put in charge of the dessert buffet, and as each sweet treat entered the house I got to sample put it on display. I had so much fun visiting with everyone, as the wedding was the last time that I have really gotten to spend time with Grandma, Grandpa, and all of the aunts, uncles and cousins at once. I am so blessed to not only have one close-knit family, but two. The Johnsons truly have made me feel like I have always been a part of their family, and I am so thankful for the love that they have shown me over the years. I can't wait for all of the gatherings to come!

 The hubs and me

 Brother-in-law, Cale, and me

 My brother-in-law, Jason, was a great sport and played Santa for all of the kids. He looked great in that red suit.

 Shelby, Kim and Taylor

Cousin Kristi and me. I had so much fun catching up with this girl!

 Charlie and Macie with Santa. Let the gift opening begin!


 Ross with Taylor

 Miss Bailey, who picked out the most fabulous little clutch and statement necklace for my gift. I love them!

 Josh, Maddie and Santa

 Cade, the oldest of the kids, and Santa

 Sweet Leeane and Santa. She is such a cutie!

 Micah was so excited to show me his new phone.

 Tyler loved his visit with Santa.

 Presley's turn

 Tami, Aunt Cheryl and Grandma with sweet baby Taylor

 Claire really wasn't sure about the big guy in red. Poor thing!

 Aunt Sherry looking fabulous as usual!

 Santa and his gorgeous wife and the best sis-in-law ever!

 The whole fam

Grandpa and Cody


 Birthday buddies! Cousin Kelsey was so sweet and made Charlie and me a special chocolate birthday cake.

 Johnson girls

 Little Buckwheat! We were amazed at how small he looks next to our Rio monster. Although this one certainly wins for plumpness. Pretty sure his belly drags the ground!

 Cody was so excited about his new binoculars.

 Katie received a beautiful diamond cross pendant necklace and Jason received a new iPhone. So fun!

 We had to laugh when Cale accidentally opened one of Katie's gifts. That sweater dress is his color, don't you think?

 My super creative in-laws created a scavenger hunt for me. It was so much fun and led me to my big gift...a money tree! Just what I needed to purchase the only gift I asked for this year, a new Mac laptop. They are so wonderful!

 Who says money doesn't grow on trees? Might I add that those are real branches, too!

Tami and her orchestra level tickets to Wicked, the best musical ever. Go Lynn!

My long weekend definitely went way too quickly, and I had to return to New Mexico right after Christmas due to a lack of vacation time. That's ok when you love your job though. :) Can't wait to spend more time with everyone at the next Christmas gathering. It was definitely another holiday season full of blessings and love. Hopefully you were able to feel joy as you spent time with your loved ones, too. Now it's on to another new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment