Monday, February 16, 2015

Horseplay for HWJ

The weekend before Hayes turned the big "1", we celebrated his birthday in the utmost Southern Style with a Kentucky Derby themed party. I channeled my inner Pinterista and became one with all kinds of Pinterest craft ideas for the event. I was also really excited that the date of the party ended up being February 7th, which would have been my Granddaddy's birthday. I had hoped Hayes would be born on that day, but the next best thing was hosting a horse racing party to celebrate his first year of life! Mom, Dad and Kirby came down and I couldn't have set everything up without them or my amazing husband. We had lots of friends and family come celebrate Hayes and it was such a fun day. Not to mention we were blessed with the most amazing, warm weather... that doesn't just happen in Texas in February! Thank you to everyone who helped celebrate our little man. Hayes is truly loved beyond measure!


































The same weekend happened to be the first weekend that our church held a baby dedication ceremony, which was perfect timing since our family was already in town. We were thrilled to have the opportunity to dedicate our little man to the Lord and have family and friends pray for him in a very special service. Much to our surprise, Hayes slept through the ceremony... snored in fact! He could not have been sweeter and we are so thankful for the sweet miracle that God blessed us with in him.


No comments:

Post a Comment