My Handsome Valentines
As a little girl, I would always dream of one day being showered with love on Valentine's Day by my one true love, my Prince Charming. Then I grew up. Upon becoming an angsty teenager, I decided Valentine's Day was commercialized and terribly overrated, and held firmly to this opinion until I married my real-life Prince Charming. While we do still believe that love should be celebrated daily and not just on February 14th, and we don't go all out in a huge, gaudy celebration, Cody and I have created our own Valentine's Day tradition that began our very first February 14th together during our sophomore year of college. We simply stay home, make homemade shrimp nachos (yes, he even fries the chips) and drink margaritas while soaking up each other's awesomeness. I wouldn't have it any other way, and didn't think it could get much better until this year. Adding a miniature version of my Prince Charming was just what we needed to perfect our low-key celebration, and while he was around last year and we were so thankful for that, it was even more fun to have him for entertainment this year in all his precious glory! I am so fortunate to have the two most handsome Valentines to shower me with love and make me feel like a queen on the day of love and all year long, and we had such a fun weekend together. We woke up and ate a tasty pancake breakfast, then went for a walk around the neighborhood and played outside before eating a light lunch at Coletti's and heading to the Outlet Mall. We wrapped up the day with a family get together at Aunt Ann's house, where she outdid herself and made quite the spread of gluten-free desserts. Once again, I felt like a queen! It was a wonderful day celebrating love and family... and let's be honest, where would any of us be without those two things?
Blowing Valentine's Day kisses!

No comments:
Post a Comment