Monday, September 2, 2013

Home Sweet Home

After much anticipation, I am beyond excited to share a photo montage of our new home. The month of August was a bit crazy with my work schedule, so I was incredibly thankful to be able to have lots of help to get settled in on the one free weekend that I got during the month. (For those that missed the memo, I am working as an academic advisor at Texas State Technical College, just down the road from our house. It's been great and super busy so far with the new school year starting!)

We are so in love with our first official home and can't get enough of the cozy feel and the style. Plus, we can't shake this feeling that the house just seems to be more comfy than any home we've lived in for the mere fact that it belongs to us! I will forever be indebted to my fabulous mother who truly pulled out all the stops and had this house unpacked AND decorated with the addition of a few freshly painted furniture pieces within one short weekend. I think she gets better with every move, though I know she and I both hope that this is our last one for a very long time. :) Add to Mom's expertise our two precious friends, Jared and Heather Ede, and their willingness to lend a hand, grab a paint brush, pretty much do whatever was needed until all hours of the night, and we have the perfect house for our little growing family. It's four bedrooms (3 bedrooms and an office), two bathrooms and the perfect amount of space to last us for a while.

Now, without further adieu...

Back side of the master bath

Front of master bath (w/ closet to the right)


Master bedroom

Another angle of the master bedroom

Baby's room! Have I mentioned how excited we are to fill it?

Guest bedroom

Another guest bedroom angle

Guest bedroom again

Guest bathroom

Guest bathroom 

Formal dining

View from front door

My "Hill Country corner" in the formal dining room

Formal dining

Formal living room/Sitting area

Another view of the formal living room

Formal living room

Breakfast nook

Kitchen

The boys had to sneak in to make sure you don't forget about them :)

Family room/den

Family room

Cody's office

Backyard 

Rio giving the tour of his domain


And the front of our home! 

Now that we're settled, we're more than ready for visitors. Let us know when you need a little island getaway!






1 comment: