It had been quite some time since my family had made the long journey to Las Cruces, so I was incredibly excited when they decided to spend last weekend with us. We ate well, shopped a little, saw the Great Gatsby, visited a local winery and played lots of darts, per Dad's request. Rio was thrilled at the opportunity to have not two, but five people to shower him with affection and attention all weekend, and he even scored a San Antonio getaway out of the deal. (He is there this week while Cody spends the week in Harlingen, and I will be meeting them both in SA for the Memorial weekend.) I loved every minute of that quality time with the fam, and I can't wait to do it again next weekend!
Mom and Kirby, clearly proving they've got some kind of game (in Kirby's case, especially).
Let the dart game action shots begin...
Dad had been looking forward to our family dart tournament for quite some time. He and Cody made full use of the dart board and outlasted the girls, continuing their tournament into the wee hours of the morning. They're hardcore.
So photogenic!
Just making sure Cody is mentally prepared for his next throw
Rio did a fantastic job of refereeing the dart tournament, and was on call for chasing stray darts and two stepping to the sounds of our Cory Morrow background music, as he and Kirby display in this photo.
A little nervous about the outcome of the boys vs. girls dart game
Mom, Cody and Kirby displaying the utmost sophistication post-wine tasting
Prepping for the photo op to ensure well-balanced wine glasses...
...and mission accomplished.
The hubs and I never pass up the chance to spend an afternoon in the sun at one of our favorite places!
If I learned anything this weekend, it was a valuable lesson: the family that talks smack plays darts and drinks wine together, stays together! Thanks, Mom, Dad and Kirby for bringing your fun, fabulous selves out to the desert!

No comments:
Post a Comment