After drinking my body weight in coffee in an attempt to warm up, Cody, Rio and I began a little winter photo shoot, and I'm pretty excited to say that it made choosing the Christmas card picture extra easy. Who wouldn't use a perfect winter wonderland as a Christmas card photo backdrop? I will be withholding the actual photo though, because it just wouldn't be the same if we leaked it before the card is mailed. Don't worry though, because we have plenty other great freezing photo ops to share!
Yep, that's the view from our front yard. These two south Texans never dreamed we'd look outside our house and see something this magnificent!
Rio loved the snow, but wasn't as excited as me when it hit his eyelashes.
Little man looked cold, so being the good dad that he is, Cody shared his Carhart jacket with him.
"Mommmm are you ready yet? Can we pleeeeeaaase go play in the snow now?"
Cody's truck had icicles from the bottom of the door all the way to the driveway. It was slightly cave-like...
Gorgeous snow-covered scenery
Our casa in a winter wonderland
My boys! Aren't they handsome?
Our neighbor was kind enough to take a family pic...Rio was more interested in the snow
My baby boy!
View from the backyard (that's the deck)
Mountains behind the house
I love snow!
What a great snuggle buddy. Even though he insisted on trying to drink my coffee. He clearly appreciates the joy of Starbucks Christmas Blend as much as I do.
With the scenery outside I can truly say that it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Now hopefully we won't be frozen again in February, because I feel it's much more appropriate now and I can only handle so much of this cold weather stuff. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment