We've heard rumors that there is even decent Mexican food in New Mexico...that is the home of Chuy's after all, so at least I know I'll get my fill of the best flour tortillas in the US and creamy jalapeno dressing if nothing else. We've also been told that the weather is absolutely amazing in Las Cruces...highs in the low 80's and lows in the upper 50's pretty much year round. Seriously, what more could you ask for? I'll also get my fill of turquoise jewelry, which I'm super excited about. We are pretty much just counting down the days until our departure at this point. There are still quite a few details to work out (like finding a house, etc.), but we have faith that everything will fall into place just like it did last time. Until then, you can find me finishing up my last few days of work and jet setting to San Diego to see my good friend Janet next weekend. I'm so ready for a mini beach vacay it's not even funny.
Until the big move, we'll continue to live the exciting Tennessee life and enjoy all that the Volunteer state has to offer...which most certainly included the Beale Street Music Festival. Imagine my excitement to find out that our very own city of Memphis hosts a mini version of ACL every year, for a third of the price of the three day pass in Austin. The line up was pretty much identical (on a smaller scale), and we got to see legends such as Jerry Lee Lewis (amazing) and Ludacris (I must add that I was the whitest, most hippie looking girl in the crowd busting out my straight up gangsta moves to every single song. Even my dad got to share my love for the thug life during the live rendition of "Yeah"). We also got to see amazing bands like Cake, Everclear, Mumford and Sons, The Avett Brothers, Ziggy Marley, Cee Lo Green, Sublime, and so many more that I know I'm leaving out. In other words, we were pretty much in musical heaven for the weekend. We even braved the rain and played in the mud for the sake of good music. I mean, it probably wouldn't have been the same without some form of mud anyway, due to the fact that we've gotten so used to years of Texas country music in these kind of conditions at Chilifest. Regardless, Beale Street Music Fest proved to be all that we had hoped for in the musical realm, and we're definitely glad to have participated.
Here are a few pics from our musical journey...
Looking fab after the first rain shower
Cody just being excited about life in general, and good live music of course
Jerry Lee Lewis--the original member of the rock 'n roll hall of fame. How cool is that? 80 years old and still rocking.
Hard to see, but it's my boy Ludacris
Hard Rock Cafe, during the tornado sirens. Yeah, we're hardcore music fans.
Cee Lo Green
After a very long day of rainy weather...clearly my hair is looking fly at this point
Stay tuned because you'll certainly want to help me chronicle my adventures in So Cal...ahhh I can't wait for a little fun in the sun. Don't be jel. :)
So excited for ya'll to be a little bit closer. Can't wait to come visit!!
ReplyDelete