Now back to the good stuff... We returned from our house hunting excursion late Friday night, and were incredibly exhausted. Saturday we slept late for the first time in FOREVER, as apparently we have officially become adults or something and my body insists on never sleeping past 8:00 am these days. Anyway, after that we went for a run and hung out with our good friends the Riddles, who we are going to miss dearly. We cooked some chicken fried steak for dinner (part of our goal to clean out the entire fridge by Thursday) and enjoyed a relaxing evening at home. Sunday brought lots of after-church fun, spending the day at the pool with peach margs (yeah, what could really be better, I know). We ended the day in downtown Memphis with a Red Birds baseball game, which was long overdue. Bayer has a suite so we balled hard as we watched the St. Louis Cardinals farm team win 9-4. I was pretty much in heaven, as I am at any baseball park, and soaked up every second of the kraut dog, Dr. Pepper, ice cream, and most importantly, America's pastime. We even got a fireworks show to end the night! It was definitely a great way to celebrate Memorial Day. I still tear up when I hear the Air Force theme song, and when they played it I was proud to know that my Grandaddy and Uncle Steve have and are serving our awesome country. I can't help it, anything patriotic just gives me chills! Thank you to all of the military men and women who fight for our freedom everyday. In the world we live in, it's good to know that we are protected and safe, even when things are crazy and uncertain.
And now for the couple of photos chronicling our fantastic last weekend in the Volunteer State...
Cody, Matt, and the Riddle family enjoying our sweet box seats
Me & the hubs
Matt & Cody, just loving life
Cailyn & me--yes, she is only 11 and already almost taller than me. Go ahead, laugh it up. :)
The Riddle kids! Going to miss them!
The best baseball park dinner a girl could ask for.
Auto Zone Park, home of the Memphis Red Birds (St. Louis Cardinals AAA team)
I must say I am counting down the days until the next post. It may not be anytime soon, just to warn you, but it will definitely be worth the wait. After all, it is our very first house, and it's in the beautiful mountains of New Mexico. Now taking reservations for Hotel de Johnson!
No comments:
Post a Comment