A few days late, but Happy Easter from Tennessee! Cody and I missed being with our families this year, but we enjoyed starting a new tradition and spending time with our good friend Lindsey, who is also from Houston. This year was extra special for us too, with lots to celebrate and be thankful for in terms of the meaning of the Easter season. We are truly thankful for the many blessings that we've been given this year, and can't wait to see what else is in store for us in the future...which has already proven to be quite a lot (more on that later).
We started the morning by attending church and then came home to make a Top Chef style, fast and furious (and might I add tasty) lunch with all the fixings. We had a brisket (from Texas!), deviled eggs, twice baked potatoes, green beans, rolls, vanilla pound cake, and some delicious chocolate cookies. We then proceeded to participate in the annual Johnston family track meet via telephone, and Lindsey and I were proud to be on the winning team. We'll leave out the fact that our awesome discus, shot put, and javelin skills may have resulted from the juicing that we did on my Prednazone before the events... I suppose we would've been disqualified if it were the real olympics, but hey, we'll just chalk up the talent to extreme athleticism instead of roid rage. :)
This time I'll leave you with a few pics from our after church photo shoot. We clean up nicely, don't we?
Stay tuned for an exciting relocation annoucement which may involve rain dancing and prairie living, promotion talk, and lots of live music on the big 'ol Mississippi River...
No comments:
Post a Comment