Thursday, May 14, 2015

Celebrations in CS

There were more reasons to celebrate than ever last weekend, thanks to Cale's big 3-0, Dad's birthday and Mother's Day, so naturally, we ventured to one of our favorite places in the world to do just that. We arrived in College Station late Friday night, but were excited to kick off the day with a visit to Hullabaloo Diner (famous for its appearance on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives), followed by a fun day of shopping and Aggie baseball. This marked Hayes Man's first "official" baseball game, and the first of many to come. He was so excited as we walked from Reed Arena to Olsen Field, and the smile on his face made me so proud to be a boy mommy (as if I wasn't already). He truly looked up at me while holding his teeny tiny maroon glove and ball with the most excited smile, as if he had waited for this moment for his whole first year of life. As a baseball lover, you can only imagine how this filled his mommy's heart, and made his Pops super proud! I can't wait for many more years of watching our little man share his love of baseball with his Pops. It is truly a priceless memory that I'll remember always.

Though we spent most of Mother's Day in the car, we wrapped up the day with a visit to MiMi and Pappaw's house where Hayes promptly greeted his cow buddies and took a little ride on the tractor. I am so thankful for this little boy that made me a mommy. He gets more and more busy by the day and would rather be outside than anywhere else, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I also have to give a shout out to my own mama, who continues to inspire me as I navigate the world of motherhood. I have truly been blessed with the best examples in my grandmothers, mother and mother-in-law and am so thankful God placed them in my life.

Now let us reminisce on all of the excitement of one fun weekend!

 On Thursday night, we went to dinner to celebrate Uncle Cale's big 3-0. He always finds a way to do it in the utmost style. :)

 "Okay, I told you happy birthday, Uncle Cale. Now where's my cake?"

 Olsen magic!










 Our attempt at a "Mother's Day" photo shoot. Little man was much more interested in the neighbor's yard than Mommy at this moment, but I stole some sugars anyway. 


Evening tractor ride with Pappaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment