Christmas Day is always incredibly special to us, and for good reason. It's the day we celebrate the birth of our Savior, above all... and boy do we celebrate. I am also fortunate enough to have a birthday on this day, and who wouldn't want to share a birthday with the biggest celeb of all time? I mean He is the reason we're here and saved, after all! This year Christmas brought even more joy than it normally does with the addition of our little man to share it with, and we loved every second of watching the celebration through his eyes. While he is still too little to really understand the significance, there was no denying the joy that circulated with every piece of wrapping paper torn and every box opened! We were with my family in San Antonio for the holiday this year, and it was so fun to see everyone's excitement as Hayes Man experienced his first Christmas. We began the festivities with the Christmas Eve candlelight church service that we always attend, where Hayes had to step out of the sanctuary due to his inability to contain his excitement to praise our Lord. :) His daddy reported that he raised his hands and yelled at the beginning of every new song as they listed from the sound-proof barrier of the "cry room". We returned home after church for the yummy traditional tamale and chocolate cake dinner, followed by birthday presents, a good night's sleep and... drum roll, please... Santa's arrival on Christmas Morning! A picture is worth a thousand words, so I'll let them do the talking now!


The best gifts a girl could ever ask for.
All dressed up for Christmas Eve candle light service... and our obligatory girl pic!
Rio even got in on the Christmas action. He is our first born, after all.
The loot!
Stocking time
Big boy in his new chair
"All done" with Christmas presents! (For now)
I know his daddy hates this ensemble, but I can't get enough. Too precious for words, people.
Aunt Nanny was clearly sharing in the excitement
Okay, I've been good all year. Can I be a little naughty now? Or at least make a face?
All dressed up and ready to begin the Tour of Texas. Christmas #3 and #4-- here we come!
No comments:
Post a Comment