Thursday, October 16, 2014

Hello again, Aggieland!

Last weekend marked the third time Hayes has ventured to Aggieland. We had so much fun seeing Aunt Nanny's new big girl apartment (which was just as fabulous as we expected) and hanging out in one of our favorite places. Despite a 3 hour lunch at Northgate's newest microbrewery with less than mediocre service, we had such a fun time visiting with GG, Pops, Aunt Nanny, Caitlin and Meagan. Plus, we ended up with free lunch and drinks which definitely brought a silver lining to the whole poor customer service experience. Haha. Thanks, Mom for bringing up the importance of proper business practices to the owner of Blackwater Draw! :) After our lengthy mealtime experience, we introduced Hayes to his first tailgate and several of our college friends. He could not have been better behaved considering his naps were cut short all. day. long. It wasn't until about 5pm that he began to reach the point of delirium, yelling at random passers-by and laughing at absolutely nothing, much like his mommy does when reaching the point of sleep deprivation. Poor kid. While the brave crew of Pops, Cody, Uncle Cale, Aunt Katie, Pappaw, Aunt Sherry and Kelly ventured to the TAMU vs Ole Miss football game in the fabulous new Kyle Field, GG, Hayes and I chose a quiet evening at Aunt Nanny's crib complete with Chinese food and much needed rest. After putting our little man to bed, Mom and I watched what we could of the late football game, though I must admit after the day's adventures I was wiped out and crashed by about 10:30 (no surprise there!). Needless to say we were quite disappointed in the turnout of the game, but we still decided to don our maroon for the ride home on Sunday. Before we headed south, we took Hayes to the cutest pumpkin patch in Bryan and took the obligatory "baby sitting in a pile of pumpkins" picture(s). Hayes loved being outside and was especially interested in the petting zoo animals, which was so much fun to watch. I can't wait until the next visit when I'm sure he will be running like crazy, playing and possibly trying to break into the animal cages for the full experience! (Trust me, if I know my child, this won't be too far-fetched of a notion either.) And now, let the photographic proof of all the fun we had commence!

  Mad photo cred goes to Meagan Haak for her amazing photography!



  
 Hayes turned 8 months on gameday. Love this big boy to the moon!


 
 It was a little chilly, but we loved the "real" fall weather!
 








No comments:

Post a Comment