After a long and busy few months, there's nothing better than a trip to the beach to clear the mind and soothe the soul. Between work and parenthood, Cody and I haven't had much down time to just relax and soak up a little sunshine at our favorite place, so we were thrilled to have the chance to go down to the Island for a morning at the end of May. Katie and Addie were in town as well as Kirby and her friend Michael, and we couldn't wait to take Hayes for a legit beach trip where he could put his toes in the water and the sand. (The first time we went it was still too cold and windy to do this.) This weekend marked the beginning of Kirby's stint as "the nanny", and I have to go ahead and dub myself the best boss ever due to the fact that her training took place mostly at the beach. Talk about livin' the dream! We had a blast with the family just lounging, visiting and breathing in the beach air, and I think it's safe to say that our little man shares our love for the salty air. I was told that if he didn't hate the experience at this age, he'll grow to love it as he gets older, so I'm looking forward to lots of future trips full of sandcastle building and splashing in the Gulf!















No comments:
Post a Comment