Sunday, June 8, 2014

A Mother's Day Fit for a Queen

I've always been a proponent of holidays, and when those holidays involve gifts, pampering and extra snuggles, well, I'm sold! This was exactly the definition of my first Mother's Day, and I couldn't have asked for a better day with my boys. After Kirby's graduation, we drove over to Houston to spend Saturday night with Katie, Jason & Addie. We loved seeing their new house and hanging out, as we don't get to do that nearly enough. It was so much fun watching Addie interact with Hayes, too. I can't wait to see them continue to grow and play together! On Sunday morning I woke up to a smiley, chatty baby boy and the most amazing gift from he and my hubs: a spa day! Thanks to my little prince (and his beyond amazing daddy), I'll be looking forward to my "Queen for a Day" package at Desiree's, my favorite spa in Harlingen. Let me tell you, this will be a much needed escape after the last three weeks of craziness we've had at work! Hayes also made me the sweetest Mommy's Day card complete with a bouquet of flowers with his little footprints and a handprint on the cover. I couldn't help but shed a couple of tears when I saw this, which Cody definitely predicted.


We spent most of the afternoon in the car driving back from Houston, but that night upon our return home I got lots of snuggles with my Hayes Man before getting ready for another busy week of work and school. There truly is nothing quite like being a mommy, and I'm so thankful that I've been blessed with the opportunity to raise our perfect little man. He has already taught me so much about myself, life and most importantly, trusting God, and I can't wait for many more Mother's Day celebrations in the future. Here's hoping all you Mommas out there felt just as special and loved as I did, and shout out to my madre, who taught me the meaning of the selfless love that is required for motherhood. I am so thankful to have such a wonderful role model to show me how it's done!


So thankful for the little man who gave me the title of Mommy. It's the best job in the world!!






"Are we there yet?"

"If not, you may or may not hear me yell."

My sweet friend Rachel sent a package for my first Mother's Day complete with a couple of cute outfits for Hayes and this precious "Mommy's time out" wine glass. It's already gotten lots of good use! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment