Monday, December 2, 2013

Turkey Day Minus the Travel

Due to the fact that my pregnancy has been a bit unpredictable lately, Cody and I decided that rather than take on the tour of Texas that we were scheduled for with my family this Thanksgiving, we should probably just stay put this year. Lucky for me, my parents and sister are nothing short of amazing and were willing to make the trek to Harlingen yet again to spend Thanksgiving with us and allow me to get a few extra days of rest. Have I mentioned that I have the best parents and sister ever? Because I do. I was incredibly bummed to miss out on time with my grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins, but know that we made the best decision for both me and Hayes at this point. I must admit it was a little bizarre to stay put (in our own house at that) for a major holiday, but it truly was restful and much needed. The shopaholic in me definitely felt a little hole in my heart when I had to miss out on some heavy duty Black Friday shopping in San Antonio, but alas, I survived. The things we do for our children. :) Lynn and Tami were generous enough to host my family and their own at their house for the Thanksgiving meal this year, so we had lots of fun eating all the yummy food and visiting with everyone. I did manage to accomplish the baking of my very first pumpkin pie, which made me pretty proud and happened to be quite delish at that. And now for the pics!








It took a lot to get one "normal" Thanksgiving pic...

So thankful for my hubby and baby boy!


Dad, getting his Heisman on and Mom smiling through it :)

Beyond thankful for my family!

Playing the obligatory corn hole game after lunch



Just love this pic of Grandpa Johnson!

Gotta make time for a little Turkey Day two steppin'

Cheesin'

Thanksgiving via iPhone

Aunt Ann & Aunt Sherry visiting after lunch

The hostess with the mostest!




The best part of the meal- dessert!

Thank you to the Johnson's for letting the Brown family crash Turkey Day this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment