Wednesday, January 2, 2013

'Twas the day (or two) before Christmas...

Well, the tour of Texas has officially come to an end. Cody and I were very sad to say goodbye to all of the family that we got to spend quality time with over the past week and a half, and we can't believe how much more quickly Christmas seems to fly by each year. We had so much fun in Comanche, San Angelo and San Antonio and are once again reminded of how incredibly blessed we are to have amazing families with which to celebrate the holidays. Before we get into the nitty gritty of the Christmas and New Year's festivities, however, I must document all of the fun that preceded my favorite time of year.

Cody, Rio and I welcomed a new member to our household the week before Christmas. A trophy from Cody's first elk hunt, this very large mount can now be found taking up its post in Cody's office. One day, when we live in our rustic lodge with tremendously high vaulted ceilings, this baby will look fantastic. For now, Rio will just make sure he knows his place, which happens to be face to face with Cody while he's seated at his desk. All joking aside though- I am quite proud of my hubby and his mad hunting skills, even if I'm still a bit uncertain about the eyes that follow me down the hallway as I do laundry every week. :)

This post wouldn't be complete without a pic of our sweet niece, Princess Addison. She continues to grow like a weed and remains the most fabulous infant around. (But that should come as no surprise, right?) I could just eat her up in this hat and Christmas outfit.

On Christmas Eve, Dad decided to kick it old school and take us on a putt putt golfing and ice cream afternoon date. We enjoyed channelling our inner adolescents and showing off our tremendous golf abilities. If you can't tell how good we are by these pics, then I don't know what to tell you.

After careful observation, Kirby finally realized that the ducks were not, in fact, real.

Cody, the putt putt champ

Awkward, but we still had to document the end of the game.

After one round of Christmas with the Brown family, Rio was ready for a nap. Little did he know there was so much more to come! I think he'll be recuperating for at least the next month. Poor guy. 

Stay tuned for the first installment in our family's version of "Four Christmases"... I still can't believe it's over!

No comments:

Post a Comment