When June 1 rolled around, Kirby hit the road headed south to begin her stint as "Aunt Nanny", taking on perhaps the most demanding of employers- an almost-four month old. We were super excited to have Kirby here for six weeks taking care of Hayes, and I had no idea how much I would appreciate and miss her once the 6 weeks came to an end! I loved watching her gain confidence as she took care of Hayes, and I even saw her mature as she sacrificed her own needs (and long, relaxing showers) to make sure Hayes--and her sister-- had everything we needed. I always knew I was incredibly blessed with the best little sister around, but I never could have dreamed of how much fun and help it would be having her here for an extended stay. I'm so thankful for the errand running, breakfast making, dishwasher unloading, and, most importantly, the love and patience she showed Hayes and our family every day. This girl is one AWESOME aunt and sister and I couldn't be more thankful for her role in our lives. I'm just thankful she was even interested in this role after all the times I talked her into putting her Barbie house on the stairs so that I could have the "real" house and the best Barbie cars.
So, here's to you, Aunt Nanny! May you enjoy all the mimosas your heart desires as you celebrate the next chapter of your life in grad school. We love you to the moon!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment