Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of '14

It's hard to believe that the time has already come and gone and my little sissy is a college graduate! Last weekend we headed to good 'ol Aggieland to celebrate the grand finale of her undergrad career. It was Hayes' first time to see College Station with his own eyes (he had been there already for the Ring Dunk, but obviously could only experience things through sound and taste at that point, haha!), and we had lots of fun hanging out with my parents, reminiscing on our own college days and most importantly, visiting a few of our favorite spots in our old stomping ground. I definitely had the best intentions to accompany Cody, Kirby and her friends to Northgate on Friday night, but alas, I chose sleep… what new Momma wouldn't? :) I figure there will be plenty of time for me to revisit my college bar hopping days once little man prioritizes sleep a little more, and for now, I wouldn't miss the snuggles that come from putting him to bed for the world! Returning to the graduation topic… I couldn't be more proud of my sister, who wrapped up her Bachelor's degree in Business Administration Management from Mays Business School with a  3.9 GPA and a membership in a very elite group of honors grads. She is definitely the genius child, and I just hope that Hayes got her intellectual genes. She will be staying in College Station to complete her Masters degree in Human Resources, but until classes start in August she will begin gainful employment with perhaps the most demanding boss: a four month old. We are so excited that Kirby will be playing nanny to Hayes for about 6 weeks this summer in between apartment leases, jobs and classes starting. I can't wait to spend some quality time with my sis and know Hayes is going to love hanging out with her everyday!










Congrats again, Sister! Gig 'em!!

No comments:

Post a Comment