Wednesday, March 12, 2014

One Month!


I can't believe I am sitting here writing a post about our baby boy's one month birthday! (I sense a recurring theme of time passing at the speed of light… but I still have to put it in writing.) I always had a feeling there was some truth to what everyone said when they told me that pregnancy goes quickly, but when you actually have the baby, you won't believe how fast the days go… turns out the days have gone faster than I could have ever imagined, and I am on a relentless search for the remedy to slow these stinkin' hours down. Until I find that though, we'll go ahead and celebrate all things Hayes and every milestone that he has experienced in his first four weeks of life. I'll also share way too much info and pictures, because isn't that what new moms do?  So, without further adieu, here are the highlights of our little stud's first month

Weight: 8 lbs, 8 oz
Height: 22 inches
Loves: Being outside, playing in his Mamaroo, looking at the light (out windows especially), eating!! (This boy can down a bottle like it's going out of style),  music-- especially Texas country and Christian music. It soothes him like no other! Most of all, this little guy loves to snuggle. His favorite place to nap is on Mommy or Daddy's chest, curled up in a little ball with his head at a diagonal. I often wonder if this is uncomfortable, but he doesn't seem to mind!
Sleep: We have been blessed with a perfect angel when it comes to newborn sleep. Sure, we have to get up three times a night to feed him, but he typically goes right back down and sometimes even surprises us with 4 hour stretches of sleep, which he has done since his first week of life! We have had a few rough, party nights where he stays wide awake and doesn't want to go back down, but considering his good nights outweigh these, we definitely count ourselves blessed and can't complain. He has started sleeping longer stretches between feedings and sometimes skipping his middle of the night feeding lately, so we think it's only a matter of time until three awakenings turns into two. We'll let him do this at his own pace... Mommy wouldn't give up those late night snuggles for anything right now! We started Hayes in the Rock N Play in our room, but as of last Friday he is sleeping in his crib from about 10pm until 6:30am every night. We are so proud of our big boy!
Personality: Hayes definitely has a lot of it, even at this early age! He is full of animated facial expressions and just started to crack a smile at his mommy this week. He is SUPER active and kicks his legs and waves his arms, especially in the morning when he is the most awake. This kid is definitely a morning person like his daddy and Pops. Mommy is going to need lots of coffee to keep up with that one day. :)
Dislikes: The only thing we can't stand is our diaper change. I mean, what little boy likes to be exposed and cold? We can't say we really blame him. 

We love you more than words, Hayes Man and can't wait to see what month 2 has in store! (Though Mommy would appreciate it if you would slow down the growing process just a bit. She can't believe how big her angel is getting!)



No comments:

Post a Comment