Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A Johnson Family Thanksgiving

This year, Cody and I took a much needed trip to Harlingen to visit with his family for Thanksgiving. Cody hasn't been home since last Christmas, and I know he was ready to get back to the Rio Grande Valley. He left a few days before me and spent some time hunting on his dad's deer lease. I arrived in Harlingen on Wednesday evening and was so excited to see everyone again. Thanksgiving day brought lots of food, fellowship and football, and we were very grateful for the special time with Cody's family and of course, our sweet niece, Addison. She has grown so much and we loved every minute of playing with her! I know I say this in every post where family is involved, but we really do cherish the time that we get to spend with our families. We loved the visits before, but being out of state and a bit further away than we would like really makes the moments that we share even more special.

Here are a few pics from our Turkey day hang out!

Princess Addie playing with Uncle Cale. Isn't she a doll?

Uncle Cody getting some quality bonding time with the Princess

Story time before Thanksgiving lunch

Katie and Addison

The hubs and me celebrating our 6th Thanksgiving together. Where did the time go?

Mimi giving Addie lots of lovins

My niece is so stylish she even had a personalized, festive Thanksgiving burp cloth. I'm so proud!

Aunt Britt and the cutest niece EVER

The full Turkey Day ensemble

Watching football with Uncle Cale. Please do not disturb.

Daddy Jason and his little princess

The gorgeous table that Tami put together. She outdid herself!

We ended the Thanksgiving festivities with some required Black Friday shopping. I'm sure it's no surprise that I was willing to brave the craziness... and of course Tami, Katie and Addie were troopers, too. Addie was so good the entire time and just smiled and took in all of the scenery that the mall, Target and Marshall's had to offer. She's clearly a natural shopper, which definitely makes me even more proud. :) Good job, Mama! 

Teaching my niece the finer points of shopping

We clearly mean business when we shop.

We squeezed in some time for a picture with Santa!

While we had a girl day, the guys went duck hunting. I would say they did pretty well, and easily rivaled Duck Dynasty. :) Notice how incredibly photogenic our stud duck retrieving dog is? 

My favorite picture of the trip- Addie just chillin' before another day of shopping begins. (She did the pose on her own!)

On the way back to Las Cruces, we were able to stop in San Antonio and spend the night with my family. It made me anxious for Christmas to get here! Hope y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are getting into the holiday spirit. I'm counting down the days until I have enough free time to decorate the house and put up our Christmas tree! 


No comments:

Post a Comment