Over the weekend, Cody and I ventured to San Antonio for some much needed time with my parents and sis. Cody drove in on Thursday evening and joined Mom and Kirby to cheer on Dad's football team,Wagner HS, as they took on New Braunfels Canyon. I flew in late on Friday night, so we just hung out until Dad got home and rested up for the Aggies' big game against LSU on Saturday. Though the game didn't turn out as we would have hoped, the Ags did put up a good fight for being such a young team. After getting our fill of football, we went to the Parade of Homes just outside of SA in Comal County. Cody and I took several mental pictures for our "dream home", and had so much fun seeing all of the latest trends in home construction. I especially loved one particular rustic-styled house that was furnished and decorated completely in Restoration Hardware and Anthropologie. I'm pretty sure they could have just handed me the keys right then and there and I would have been perfectly satisfied to call it home for the rest of my life. After viewing the amazing homes, we met Dad for dinner and then came home to an intense game of cards. I always love having the family together, even if time seems to fly by too quickly. We're really looking forward to being together again for a minute at Thanksgiving and for a whole week at Christmas!!

Cody and me outside the Parade of Homes
Mom, me and Kirby in the Pumpkin Patch before beginning our tour of homes.
Kirby wasn't as "gung-ho" about viewing the homes as we were, so to make things more exciting, we took several photos with the props in each home. Here she is clearly displaying disappointment that the wine is indeed fake. "What is a parched girl to do?"
Tea time on one of the fabulous outdoor sitting areas. Again, the tea was not real.
One of the homes boasted an amazing art/crafts room, in which Kirby felt particularly compelled to pose with the life-sized pencil.
One of my favorite rooms was the perfect place for a little princess. This girl's room was modeled after Paris, and had everything from a wall mural to sweet treats throughout the room. Cody used his landscaping expertise to give the flowers a little extra water.
Though they were plastic, Kirby channelled her inner Marie Antoinette and proclaimed "Let them eat cake."
When there is a life-sized painting of a Parisian street, why wouldn't we pose and look as chic as possible in front of it?
There's never a dull moment with our family, that's for sure!
No comments:
Post a Comment