Being the avid Pinterest pinner and home decor maven that I am, I found a great idea for a pallet loveseat and thought it would be the perfect sitting area to pair with the table and chairs that we already have in the sunroom. After removing the thousands of dirt layers that can be expected when one lives in the desert, we rearranged some things and Cody put his fantastic carpentry skills to work. He sawed apart a few wooden pallets, which we stacked upon one another to create a love seat perfect for drinking coffee on lazy Saturday mornings or reading a good book on a crisp fall afternoon. My hubby is absolutely the best to put up with the constant need to update our home that I must have inherited from my mother. :) He looked quite handsome with that power saw, might I add! After adding a few outdoor cushions and throw pillows, we created the perfect place to enjoy the view of the mountains and feast on brunch.
Behold- our new and improved sunroom, and a much nicer place for Rio to rest his head!
Cody the Carpenter's masterpiece: the pallet love seat!
We can't wait to spend our mornings and evenings in here. Especially when it cools down a bit.
Rio wasn't too sure about his room becoming so "pretty" at first. In fact, he made a statement by dragging all of the throw pillows into the yard this morning. We might have another battle on our hands with this one...
The finished product
No comments:
Post a Comment