Bring on the birthday and housewarming gifts!
Our sweet friends Duncan and Ashley bought their first house at the end of March. We were so excited to see it, and Ashley has really done a fantastic job putting everything together!
The birthday crew, just like the old days.
It was wonderful to catch up with Mr. and Mrs. Morrow, Duncan's amazing parents.
After the 9 hour haul from New Mexico, we were ready to party!
Clint and Cody
Our friends Clint and Shane were the realtors that helped Duncan and Ashley buy their house, so they put the rebate money from the sale into a birthday card for Duncan. What a great gift!
College buddies- Matt, Clint and Cody
Ash & me
Ash, Roxie and me. Love these girls!
We woke up early on Saturday morning in anticipation of our next set of celebrations. Lynn, Tami and Cale came into town, so Cody golfed with them while I attended a baby shower for my good friend Nicole. Nicole married Wes Toudouze, one of my best friends from high school, and they are expecting their first precious princess at the end of June. I had so much fun having (another) excuse to buy headbands and funky onesies!
Cody, Cale and Lynn--they assured me that the green color scheme was not planned, but I'm not so sure... :)
Isn't she gorgeous? Can't wait to see her mama skills in action. She will be a natural!
On another note, Cody informed me that Nicole was "glowing" and looked absolutely beautiful. How sweet is my hubby? Hopefully he'll remember that when my time comes...
Another of my sweet high school friends, Morgan, with Jax Best. He's a sweetheart!
Morgan and me-- from cheerleading, to weddings to babies. Wow, time has flown!
On Saturday night, we had a birthday celebration for Daicee, Aunt Stacey, Cale and Dad at Alamo Cafe. I was so excited to eat tortillas and queso, and am pretty sure I got my fill. It was wonderful to eat Mexican food that wasn't filled with chiles-- sorry New Mexico, but this girl will always prefer Tex-Mex.
I'm pretty sure this was the point in the evening at which Dad insisted that the Alamo Cafe wait staff create a unique rendition of the birthday song. They weren't able to meet his high expectations, sadly...
Cale the birthday stud!
Aunt Stacey, Daicee, Cale and Dad doing some weird hand move in honor of his birthday
Brothers for life
I was so happy my sweet grandparents were able to make the trek to south TX for all of the birthday celebrations. These two are amazing!
My incredible in-laws were able to join in on the fun, too. I was so glad to spend some extra time with them, too!
It was an extra special treat to have Aunt Julie in all the way from Cali. Family festivities are always more fun when she's around.
My beautiful mother-in-law, me and Mom. I am one lucky girl to have such wonderful women in my life!
For the sake of space, I'm going to carry the remainder of the birthday photos onto the next post. Stay tuned!

No comments:
Post a Comment