Monday, April 2, 2012

Cody's Quarter Century

This weekend I very generously handed over my birthday royalty title to my wonderful and handsome hubby. I have been planning to surprise him with a very special birthday weekend for quite some time now, and am so glad that the plans worked out. Cody's parents and brother, Cale, came out to the desert for a long weekend, and we had so much fun spending time with them, as always. It wasn't the same without Katie, Jason and Princess, but we'll all be together soon enough...can't wait for August!!

We started off the weekend with dinner at Cheddar's, always a favorite in the birthday boy's book. Saturday brought a trip to the Farmer's Market, where the boys got more than their fill of shopping before their first meal of the day. Tami and I joked that we were "grounded" after the amount of time that we forced them to spend waiting downtown while we checked out all of the vendors and a cute boutique that neither of us had yet discovered. As if that weren't enough, we continued
to shop til we dropped, and Tami definitely spoiled me with some fabulous new spring outfits. Our trip wouldn't have been complete without a few purchases for my super cute prego sis-in-law and her precious little angel. We had so much fun and were very proud of our finds!

My fabulous mother-in-law,Tami, enjoying the scenery of the Farmers' Market

The hubs and me 

Lynn at the Farmers' Market, enjoying the live music, but not really enjoying the musician's political stance. (She was clearly a liberal.) :)

Brothers at the Farmers' Market

I just had to include this photo of our little princess' first pair of shoes. It's never to early to start the collection after all!

After the shopping extravaganza, we returned home where the boys were grilling some tasty steak. Our good friends James and Zetdi and Chris and Samantha joined us, and we celebrated the birthday boy with great wine, basketball and of course, a Funfetti cake.

The hubs and his stack of steaks--we had quite the selection, might I add. Nilgai, oryx, elk and beef!

Cody and his birthday necessity, a Funfetti cake

Sunday brought a birthday breakfast fit for a king and a trip to Mesilla. We toured the square and visited a local vineyard for a little wine tasting. The scenery was beautiful, and we were happy to see sunshine and not the nasty dust storm that the weatherman had predicted.

The birthday king in all his glory, waiting to be showered with gifts

Me and the boys (minus one)

Just soaking up some sun (and needing this yellow rocking chair!)

Cale and me celebrating the infamous Billy the Kid

The boys in Mesilla

Lynn and Tami in Old Town Mesilla

Wine tasting at Rio Grande Winery

Last night when we were going to bed, Cody told me that I did very well with this year's birthday. I must say this was the ultimate compliment, and I only hope that it shows my amazing hubby just a bit of my appreciation for all that he does for me on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis. I'm so thankful for him and every opportunity to celebrate his awesomeness! When we get to have family here to share in the celebration, you simply can't top it. Thanks so much to Lynn, Tami and Cale for helping me to make the birthday king feel extra special this year!

Cody and Lynn taking Rio for a desert excursion behind our house

Lynn, Cody and Rio monster

Happy Monday to everyone!




1 comment:

  1. Love it! Looks like ya'll had a fabulous weekend. I so wish I could have been there. Miss ya'll.

    ReplyDelete