The Memphis natives continue to tell me that they've never seen a winter this cold, but I'm beginning to wonder...and run out of cute cold weather outfits. I kid you not, I've lost count of the snow and ice days, and the amount of times that Cody has jumped up and down in the living room in shear joy because he gets to accompany his coworkers and their children on another sledding excursion. Don't get me wrong, I love the snow and appreciate it's whimsical beauty just as much as the next person, but after a month and a half of it, I've decided it's time for it to go back to its Arctic homeland. After all, I signed up to continue my life in the South for a reason...not to include snowshoes and windshield scraping on a daily basis.
Fortunately, my sister Kirby was able to experience the arrival of the white wonderland before the novelty wore off in my mind. We did have quite a blast playing in the snow and building a snowman that day, and were sure to chronicle this momentous occassion (that we thought would be rare) with lots of pics...
Before the snow storm's arrival, just enjoying our fabulous cold weather outfits
Hey Mom and Dad!
Kirby's winter wonderland
Naturally, an Aggie snowman
At peace...for a moment...
Perfectly normal sign of brotherly/sisterly affection...throw her in the snow with no mercy.
Check out that technique
Putting that softball arm to use
Post snowball fight #2
Kirby got to stay for about 5 days, during which we had lots of fun seeing movies, shopping, eating cupcakes, drinking hot tea, and watching Sex and the City dvd's for hours on end. It was the perfect long weekend for both of us and I can't wait for her to come visit again. My parents were even able to join us for a couple of days, which was a fantastic surprise, too! After Sister's departure, I was certain that the cold weather wouldn't stick around much longer...boy was I wrong. The following week I was sent home from work due to my lack of ability to drive in cold weather conditions. I guess I have my south TX roots to thank for that one, too... Not one to complain when I'm forced home into my cozy clothes and an afternoon of book reading and movie watching, imagine my surprise when I am greeted by my very sophisticated, mature husband conducting a very important conference call with a couple of his work buddies. I'm not sure I've had the pleasure of experiencing a three-way call, live, since middle school, but this was happening. I mean, what better way for a couple of grown men to plan their next sledding adventure, right? Here's a little photographic documentation of Cody enjoying the finer things in life, on a sled:
Post-conference call, while still appearing to be an adult :)
Let the fun begin!
Cody's partners in crime, the Wilhelm and Riddle kids
Definitely a pro.
Well, I think I've expressed what really grinds my gears about snow and constant cold weather enough for one post. Don't get me wrong, I am thankful that we got to experience a "real" winter during our time in TN, but I would be lying if I said I'm not ready for some 70 and 80 degree, sunshine filled days. Bring on the south TX heat, I'm ready!!


















No comments:
Post a Comment